Saturday, July 25, 2009

"I Became a Prostitute" by The Twilight Sad

This Scottish band called The Twilight Sad has been around a couple of years but they are part of a new wave of powerful Scottish Indie rock and this is from a soon-to-be-released album and it's really good. A searing wall of staccato guitar and driving rhythm backs the vocalist's punchy emotive delivery. Reminds me of Sonic Youth but with a more acccesible song structure.
(Note: the guitarist plays a Fender Jaguar through a Silverface Twin)

This is the official pre-album video release on Youtube:

2 comments:

  1. Funny I ran across this via the CL hunt blog, cuz they're playing in two weeks in san jose. It's fate that I cannot avoid. Looks like I gotta see their live show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent to find another music oriented blog! Nice to "meet" you - I found you over at Dude Write. I'd like to invite you to link the post or posts of your choosing on my I Don't Like Mondays Blog Hop (happening now and all week).

    http://modmombeyondindiedom.blogspot.com/2013/03/fundee-mundee-i-dont-like-mondays-blog.html

    -Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom

    ReplyDelete